We shall be pleased to send you our unalex newsletter informing about current developments in International Private Law.
Particularly in the areas of:
- Legal decisions
- Book reviews
- Academic conferences
- Job advertisements
- The evolution of unalex
We would be pleased to publish your information on these or related areas. Please contact us.
The European Legal Forum 3, 4/ 2017 - Special edition 03.11.2017
Order your free trial copy of our legal journal EuLF. This issue contains a password for free access to our website and the products offered without prior registration. The granted free trial period ends on 31.12.2017. → Request your free trial copy now.
The special edition has the aim to present the functionality of our legal information system, our products and services. Special attention is given to the so called unalex Compendium - providing a systematic overview of the case law found in the unalex Case Collection, organized according to legal instruments and articles within each legal instrument -. Therefore, the special edition contains i.a. (→ complete table of content) a reprint of an entire article (article 21) of the Brussels Ia Compendium. Please note, that the free trial login details also enable access to the Brussels IIa Compendium authored by Rainer Hausmann, which will be published soon on our website.
The annual subscription price for EuLF is € 145 + VAT + Shipping costs. Special prices in case of subscribtion to “system unalex” available. Please see → registration page. (Complete price list with special introductory prices for 2018 available from 27.11.2017.)
5th unalex conference in Innsbruck/Austria, 24 November 2017 12.10.2017
Topic: “(Non-)Uniform interpretation of EU-Instruments on Private International Law by the Courts of the Member States - Conclusions from Case law collected in the unalex system”
Speakers and their lectures:
Prof. Bea Verschraegen - University of Vienna
- Autonumous interpretation of EU uniform legal instruments -
Prof. Marie-Elodie Ancel, UPEC - University Paris XII
- Asymmetric jurisdiction clauses – a long and winding road to effectiveness -
Prof. Achim Pütz - University of Castellón
- Conventions on particular matters in the European area of civil justice:
Article 71 Brussels Ia Regulation in the case law of the EU Member States -
Dr. Apostolos Anthimos - European University of Cyprus
- Service of documents abroad in the enforcement stage -
Dr. Gottfried Musger - OGH (Austrian Supreme Court of Justice)
- Uniform interpretation of the European private international law rules - a challenge for the judiciary -
Ass. Prof. Marion Ho-Dac - University of Valenciennes
- The habitual residence - a common notion in European private international family law? -
Ass. Prof. Anabela de Sousa Gonçalves - University of Braga
- Portuguese court decisions on Brussels II a Regulation in the light of the European case law -
Prof. Gabor Palasti - Károli Gáspár University of Budapest
- Different views of Member State courts on the concept of civil and commercial matters under the Brussels Regime -
The European Legal Authors Network – Chances and Perspectives
Dr. Thomas Simons - IPR Verlag Munich
- The unalex system and the European Legal Authors Network -
Univ.-Prof. Andreas Schwartze - University of Innsbruck
- The European legal research and the challenge of a European legal literature -
Venue: University of Innsbruck, Madonnensaal, Karl-Rahner-Platz 3, 2nd Floor, in
There is no conference fee. If you like to attend please register by fax: +43-512 507 81297 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Helene Haas, tel. +43-512 507 81231) until November 15th, 2017.
→ Detailed timetable
Save the date! 5th unalex conference 26.09.2017
Next unalex Conference, Friday 24 November 2017 at the University of Innsbruck/Austria. Topic: (Non-) Uniform Interpretation of EU-Instruments on Private International Law by the Courts of the Member States - Conclusions from Case law collected in the unalex system -
You will find the final conference programme here shortly. Please register now if you are interested in participating.
→ Further information
Planning collection of case law? 24.08.2017
Beware of the deadline for the submission of projects on the occasion of the open call under the European Commission’s civil justice programme on Tuesday, 19 September 2017.
If you are taking part in the current call of the EU Commission’s civil justice programme → http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/just/topics/just-jcoo-ag-2017.html
please be informed that unalex provides special support for research projects in the area of private international law. We offer project teams planning to collect case law of the courts of the EU member States and/or further materials a special research environment.
Tight project budget? Don't start from scratch! Use the possibilities of the unalex database technology → unalex project library.
4th unalex conference in Valencia/Spain, 8 September 2017 14.08.2017
Topic: The EU Matrimonial and Partnership Property Regulations and the unalex Compendium. – Selected issues regarding the new Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 – Conference chaired by Carlos Esplugues, University of Valencia and Prof. Andreas Schwartze, University of Innsbruck
Speakers and their lectures:
Mr. Franco Salerno-Cardillo, Notary in Palermo (Italy) - Council of the Notariats of the European Union (CNEU)
- Overview over Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 –
Ass. Prof. Dr. Pablo Quinzá, University of Valencia
- Interaction of Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 with the Brussels IIa Regulation –
Ass. Prof. Marion Ho-Dac, University of Valenciennes
- Interaction of Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 with the Succession Regulation –
Prof. Rainer Hausmann, University of Konstanz
- Drawing the border line between Succession Regulation and Matrimonial Property Regulation –
Dr. Susanne Goessl, University of Bonn
- Choice of law in the Matrimonial Property Regulation no. 2016/1103-
Mr. Gabriel Alonso Landeta, Land Register in A Coruña (Spain)
- European Land Registry Association (ELRA) - Application of Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 in "non-uniform" systems-
Ms. María Reyes Sánchez Moreno, Notary in Alicante (Spain) - Council of the Notariats of the European Union (CNEU)
- Application of Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 by notaries-
Mr. Mihai Taus, Head of land registry Dept. Of Brasov County Office - European Land Registry Association (ELRA)
- Application of Regulations 2016/1103 and 2016/1104 by land registers –
Venue: Colegio Mayor Rector Peset, Plaça del Forn de Sant Nicolau, 4.
Free to attend seminar. Registration required, please send an email to Ass. Prof. Dr. Pablo Quinzá - email@example.com
→ Detailed timetable
Project unalex – deadline extended, longer free trial period 12.07.2017
unalex is presently subject to the ongoing project unalex – multilingual information for the uniform interpretation of the instruments of judicial cooperation in civil matters. Please check if you fulfil the criteria for free registration in the context of the project until project termination now on 31.12.2017 → registration page