Università degli Studi di Genova
Via Balbi 5
Prof. Ilaria Queirolo
Following a practical comparative-international methodology, the goal of the Project is to collect and exchange best practices in the field of insolvency and pre-insolvency cross-border proceedings, so to help office holders in insolvency proceedings to better coordinate and implement international cooperation, thus enhancing management of multiple proceedings, reorganisation of companies and the protection of creditors and interests of stakeholders.
First of all, the Project aims at collecting best practices, rules of PIL and case law in insolvency and pre-insolvency cross-border proceedings at the domestic level, so to disseminate these first results.
Moreover, the Project aims to compare the domestic best practices (either already followed in the Member States involved in the research, or suggested by the Partners) so as to possibly develop and exchange best practices which might be of use in cross-border proceedings.
- Identification of areas of insolvency and pre-insolvency cross-border proceedings where best practices could enhance the possibility to save distressed companies, enhance protection of cross-border creditors and stakeholders.
- Involvement of practitioners to help identify problematic issues and already developed best practices.
- Collection of relevant domestic and supra-national provisions and case law.
- Collection of relevant domestic best practices.
- Exchange of best practices.
- Comparison of best practices and possible proposal of cross-border best practices.
- Exchange of cross-border best practices.